Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sookie Stackhouse: Team Just end this series

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12)
By Charlaine Harris
Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse #12)

And all together now... exasperated sigh. This series has peeked (for me it was in the third and forth books) and just won't DIE. Hey, much like a vampire...

First, let me start, by saying if I was ever given the choice to read this series or another Vampire series (Twilight anyone?) Sookie Stackhouse would win. Hands down. Charlaine Harris is one of the godmothers "makers" of vampire pop culture and literature. (See what I did there?) No matter how many books are in this series I will continue to faithfully read each one.

Mostly this book dragged for me. It's all about the girl found on Eric's lawn and does he really love her and when to use the magical Fae token her gram left her.  The dialogue was lackluster. The inner dialogue was annoying. The plot was slow. However, let me give props where they are do. The last few pages of the book- well, not expecting that.

What this all boils down to, and what everyone is really reading this for is to see who Sookie is going to end up with. Eric? Bill? Sam? Alcide? She even brought Quinn back for this one! (Quinn= the most pointless character in literature EVER). Ms. Harris adds bits and pieces with each male to throw you off but quite honestly I think she is going to surprise us all in the end. Personally, I love Alcide but he shouldn't be with Sookie. He needs to be with a certain red headed book reviewer but I digress. I think she may pull this thing full circle and end with Bill. She certainly left an opening for it. However slight it may be. Yes, we all were mad at Bill for lying and being a jerk. Yes, he is no longer mysterious, dark and brooding but nerdy and sad. BUT I can't let go of the magic in the first two books.

Bottom line, FINISH THIS THING! Tell them no more books, Ms. Harris. Tell them you're done. This story is done and put a stake in it. Even vampires know when it's the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment