Saturday, June 2, 2012

Premonition Series


Indebted (The Premonition, #3)Inescapable (The Premonition, #1)Intuition (The Premonition, #2)
            



The Premonition Series Books 1-3
I liked this series. Even though my rant may seem like I hated it I didn't. I liked this story line and I'm sticking to it.
Evie  is immediately drawn to Reed when she meets him. Unfortunately, he doesn't feel the same way... at first. He's torn between killing her or just stay quiet about her existence as an Angel with a soul. However, Evie has no idea she is a half-breed between human and Seraphim angel or a fallen angel (Which we don't know). Reed is torn about what to do since as a warrior angel his is committed to fighting evil and Evie may be part fallen. After Evie's existence has been exposed to others, she's in a constant danger because of what she is.

 Through a series of events we find Evie stuck between a warrior angel, Reed, and her soul mate, Russell. Oh yeah and then there's the king of Gancanagh who she goes all Stockholm on but really this book has no love triangle because in Evie's eyes no one beats her angel, Reed.

Let me first address Russell. Many reviewers either hate him or love him.  I am a member of the latter and don't approve with Evie's puppetry of him. He's sweet, funny and totally devoted to Evie. Can't knock a guy like that. However, let me address the "whole southern people don't have that accent" topic. I am a northerner and, while some southerners have a cute little twang, there are most definitely those southerns who speak like Russell. In fact, my husband is from Georgia (He often needs to translate when we go there.) and has a friend who's speech is VERY similar to Russell ( I picture him as Russell, too).

Now for research part. I'm a stickler of finding parts in the story that align with fact or common mythology. Although I am not one of those people who believe in many grim reapers there is some angelology that states there are more than one. However, I have not found anywhere in religion, mythology and angelology where angels have wings such as Evie's red one's or Bunn's and Brownie's insect like one's. That irked me to no end.

Over all the book was well written and the characters were thought out and developed. Therefore, I'll be awaiting the last book.

No comments:

Post a Comment