Wednesday, January 25, 2012

May the odds be ever in your favor...

I admit it. I'm a sap. I love every book when I finish it. (Mostly because if I don't like it, I don't read it.) Eventually after a few days the wonderlust wears off and I'm into something else. However,  an hour after reading this book, I'm so floored I don't think that will happen. I was so intrigued by the first chapter that when I wasn't reading the book I was thinking about it and if I wasn't thinking about it, I was sleeping (and even then District 12 haunted me). By the end of the book I thought what any other writer would think when the read a book that hits them: "When am I ever going to write a book like that?"

Picture a world where "The Capitol" controls everything, especially the 12 outlying districts. To prove that they are the all consuming power, one girl and one boy (ages 12-18 years old) from each district are pick to participate in "The Hunger Games," a brutal contest where violence and inhumanity are the key to being the last one left alive. Katniss is an amazingly smart heroine with just the right about of emotion in her "take nothing from no one" attitude. And the love triangle the develops? ( At a beautiful pace, mind you) Don't get me started. I'm on team "Why don't you have them both?"

Also check out the trailer for the movie coming out in March 2012. Looks as if the stayed very true to the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment